Terms and Conditions of Enrolment
Payment of Fees
- On application for admission to a course, a fee of $200 is payable.
- This application fee of $200 is non-refundable.
- Students are required to pay for their own text books. The initial textbook fee will be included in the invoice.
- Students who extend their courses will be required to pay a separate fee for tuition and additional textbooks.
- Fees may be paid via bank cheques or bank draft made out to Impact English College, credit card or electronic transfer.
Bank details for Impact English College are as follows:
Account Name: Impact English College Pty Ltd
Bank Name: ANZ
Account No.: 4878 04093
Branch No.: 013 017
Bank Address: 600 Bourke Street, Melbourne Victoria Australia 3000
Swift code: ANZBAU3M
Refunds are made by cheque or electronic funds transfer to a nominated bank account.
- Definition: a ‘course' means the period of study for which you have paid tuition fees.
- All requests for refunds must be made in writing to the Director, Impact English College.
- The administration fee will not be refunded.
- The tuition fee will not be refunded after you have started your course.
- The institute will refund fees in full within two weeks if Impact English College cannot deliver the course for which the student is enrolled.
- The institute will refund 60% of the tuition fee received if a student decides not to attend the course, providing written notice is given, no less than 28 days before the course commencement date as shown on letter of offer.
- Payment of refunds as outlined above will be made within 4 weeks of receipt of a written claim.
- This agreement does not remove the right to take further action under the Australian Consumer Protection Laws.
We reserve the right to alter timetables, classes, course content, and locations where necessary.
English Only - All students must speak English only in the college. Students who break this rule will be dismissed from the college for the remainder of the day. If a student has a problem and needs assistance in their native language, they may request the services of an Impact staff member or translator.
Impact English College respects your right to privacy and any
personal information provided by you to the College will be
held in confidence and is protected by the Privacy Act 1988,
the Information Privacy Act 2000 and other legislation. The
information you have provided will primarily only be used for
the service you have requested of us. We are obliged to pass on
information to government agencies when legally requested. A
full copy of the policy is available upon request.
If you have a serious complaint about your course, your assessment or the College, we want to hear from you. It is Impact English College's policy to listen carefully to your complaint/grievance and try to resolve the problem quickly and fairly. This procedure applies to all currently enrolled students at
Impact English College.
- You can discuss the issue with your main class teacher or make an appointment with the student counsellor about the complaint. They many be able to help you solve the problem
mmediately. Phone (03) 9670 2840 for an appointment.
- If you are still not satisfied, you might like to talk to the Director of Studies at the College. Phone (03) 9670 2840 for an appointment.
- If you are still not satisfied, put your case in writing to the Director of the College. You will be invited to present your case to the Director. You have the right to be represented by a nominee. A decision in writing will be forwarded to your Melbourne address within 10 working days. This decision will be final.
These grievance procedures do not circumscribe your right to pursue outside legal remedies through the Australian legal system.
You may contact:
National Liaison Committee for International Students in Australia (www.nlc.edu.au)
Victoria State Office
Suite 64, Trades Hall, 54 Victoria Street Carlton South Vic
Telephone: (03) 9650 8908
Ombudsman Victoria for complaints about administrative actions and decisions of the College
Level 9, 459 Collins Street (North Tower) Melbourne Vic
Melbourne Victoria 3000
Telephone: (03) 9613 6222